Acceptable Use PolicyInland Internet, a department of Inland Telephone Company, Inc., Acceptable Use Policy
SECTION I – NETWORKING AUP
INLAND INTERNET ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This statement represents guidelines to the acceptable use of Inland Internet for data communications. This AUP is applicable to all incoming or outgoing usage of Inland Internet’s networks and Inland Internet’s subscriber’s networks. In such instances where data communications leave Inland Internet’s systems and are carried by other networks or the Internet, Inland Internet’s users and connecting networks are advised that the acceptable use policies of other networks are applicable, and must be respected. Inland Internet informs its users of its own policies and requires its connecting networks to do the same.
- Inland Internet, the network owned and operated by Inland Telephone Company, has been established to:
- Provide high-quality networking services to the business community and private users.
- Promote and enhance network and Internet access in the regions served by the Inland Telephone Company, currently consisting of portions of Washington and Idaho state.
- Promote the communities in which we live and provide service.
- Provide information about events sponsored by our communities.
REQUIREMENTS OF USAGE:
- To respect the privacy of the users of Inland Internet, and all networks accessible via Inland Internet.
- To respect the legal protection provided by copyright, license, and other applicable legal devices to programs, communications, and data.
- To respect the integrity of computing systems, and to not use Inland Internet to compromise same.
SPECIFICALLY ACCEPTABLE USES:
- Usage for private personal or business communications.
- Usage for public communications as suggested by the charters of USENET newsgroups, and the well-known guidelines generally accepted by the users and news administrators of same.
- Usage for research or educational purposes.
- Usage for data communications in accordance with applicable laws.
- It is not acceptable to use Inland Internet for illegal purposes.
- It is not acceptable to use Inland Internet to transmit threatening, obscene, or harassing materials.
- It is not acceptable to use Inland Internet to interfere with or disrupt network users, services, or equipment. Disruptions include, but are not limited to, distribution of unsolicited advertisement, inappropriate filing of Usenet Articles, and using the network to make unauthorized entry to any other machines accessible via Inland Internet’s network connections.
- It is not acceptable to use Inland Internet for the purposes of transmitting “Chain Letters”, “broadcasting” messages to mailing lists or non-consenting individuals, nor any other type of use which will result in congestion of the Internet, Inland Internet’s connecting networks or which would significantly interfere with the connectivity of others.
- It is not acceptable to use Inland Internet for any malicious purpose.
VIOLATION OF AUP:
Inland Internet will review alleged violations of any Acceptable Use Policy on a case-by-case basis. Violations of policy may result in termination of Inland Internet services to the subscribing customer and network services to all others. Usage of Inland Internet’s network constitutes an agreement to abide by these guidelines.
SECTION II: SITE SPECIFIC POLICY – (AS APPLICABLE)
- As a customer of Inland Internet you understand and accept these provisions and agree to pay for services according to the policies currently in effect.
- If Inland Internet does not receive your payment when due, your account may be terminated. Termination of your account does not remove your responsibility under this agreement to pay all fees incurred up to the date the account was canceled including any collection fees incurred by Inland Internet.
- Inland Internet makes no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness of this service for a particular purpose. Inland Internet takes no responsibility for any damages suffered by you including, but not limited to, loss of data from delays, non delivery, misdelivery or service interruptions caused by Inland Internet’s own negligence or your errors and/or omissions.
- Customer is required to maintain all computing devices connected to Inland Internet’s networks and Inland Internet’s subscriber’s networks free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses and any other malware that interferes with any other customer’s service or the normal operation of the network. Normally this requires the purchase, installation and weekly updating of a major, third party anti-virus software, AND regular Windows update patching of Windows operating systems to repair the constant stream of new flaws discovered. Some form of firewall is strongly advised. The Customer’s failure to keep its system(s) pest free and patched may result in suspension of service at Inland’s sole discretion and may result in cancellation of service for repeat violations.
- Inland Internet’s services may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission of any material in violation of any U.S. or state regulation is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, copyrighted material, threatening or obscene material or material protected by trade secret. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Inland Internet from any claims resulting from your use of this service which damages you or another party. At our discretion, we may revoke your access for inappropriate usage.
- Use of any information obtained via this service is at your own risk. Inland Internet specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through our services.
- If you use another organization’s networks or computing resources, you are subject to their respective permission and usage policies.
- These provisions are subject to change without notice. A current copy will always be available on-line, reachable from the Inland Internet Home Page. Continued usage of your account after a new policy has gone into effect constitutes acceptance of that policy. We encourage you to regularly check the policy statement for any changes. (The effective date at the top will be updated to indicate a new revision).
- Customer will notify Inland Internet of any changes in account information such as name, address and/or phone number within five (5) business days of the changes.
- Personal Accounts may be shared with family members of the subscribing household. Business accounts may be shared by employees of the subscribing business. No other sharing of accounts is permitted. However, only one Modem may be in use at one time per account. You may not use two phone lines to access the same account at the same time.
- Inland Internet reserves the right to cancel this service and reimburse subscribers with any unused fees where appropriate on a pro rata basis.
- • You may cancel your account at any time upon prior written notice to us. You will still be responsible for any fees incurred up to the date of termination of the service. We will reimburse you for any unused fees where appropriate on a prorate basis.
- The use of Bots, Mud-Clients, and auto-run or background processes is acceptable. However, one may not run multiple bots, nor may one run bots which are designed to annoy or hinder others, nor may one run any program which uses extraordinary CPU or memory resources of any Inland Internet server.
- If a server expressly forbids the use of BOTS, you must not use them on that server. Choose a server that allows them.
- Usenet postings must be appropriately filed, again please see the AUP for further details on this issue.
- Users are expected to follow reasonable guidelines of net etiquette.
- Users are required to respect the guidelines of Inland Internet’s AUP.
All networks have AUPs and Inland Internet makes its users aware that they exist and requires its users to abide by them.
With respect to the above rules, Inland Internet is committed to Freedom of Speech and the User’s Right to Privacy. We make no effort to monitor and accept no responsibility for User Mail or News postings. Users are responsible for taking proper precautions to ensure the security of their accounts. These provisions supersede all previous representations, understandings or agreements and shall prevail notwithstanding any variance with terms and provisions or any order submitted. Please note that this site contains links to outside services that are not a part of, are not controlled by and are not endorsed by Inland Internet. The Internet content provided by these outside services is beyond the control of Inland Internet and may be changed or removed by those services at any time without prior notice. Links are presented solely for Inland Internet customer convenience in no particular order.
Please address all questions or comments regarding this policy statement to email@example.com